DIY BURP CLOTHS

Thursday, March 6, 2014


Burp cloths aren't something I use very much. Selah spit up maybe twice as a baby and Maddox's "spit up period" was pretty short. But I felt like sewing and they're super easy so now I have a handful of them should I end up needing them. I bought a 3 pack of flour sack cloths at Walmart for $1.99 and then picked out some grey double fold bias tape. I cut the existing hems off of each cloth and then folded them in half. Then I divided the halves into three parts. Each burb cloth is double layered so one flour sack cloth made three of them. Then I just sewed the bias tape around the perimeter. Done. They're certainly not perfect. Folding the bias tape around the corner was not my strong suit…but I like them and they'll do the job.

I love flour sack cloth. It's soft and absorbent and crisp and clean…for now at least : ) Plus, I haven't met a stain that oxyclean doesn't get out so I'm not too worried about the fact that they're white. I love baby things. I love baby things that are simple and clean cut. I'm not crazy about cutesy prints and typical "girly" things. Finding these things in a retail setting seems nearly impossible unless I want to pay much MUCH more for top brands and organic products. It's so much easier, cheaper and more fun to just make my own!

 


2 comments:

  1. In the end, what are the measurements of the clothes?

    ReplyDelete